What is the procedure to get divorce decree and certificate

In Divorce Law
I was divorced last year , and I have a divorce decree .For applying for passport I want a decree as well as divorce certificate , what is the procedure to get that certificate.

Answers (4)

242 votes

Certificate will not give you any court , that is judgment and decree it self is authentic document which is passed by the court.
Separate certificate will not be issued. You can apply through advocate.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

216 votes

You can visit the court and pay the requisite fees and apply for the copy of a judgement and decree. You can also instruct your lawyer to get the copy of judgment and decree.

Sadanand, Bangalore

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
59 votes


Decree can be obtained ftom the office of the family court where your divorce was granted. Fill a form there with case details, tell a advocate to draft divorce certificate then get it notorised.

193 votes

Thanks for your mail. The Legal procedure and details unable to write over email or phone, which will run to pages and over phone cannot longtime the details. Kindly meet me in my office according to convenience.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles