What is the procedure for mutual divorce and how much time it takes?

Me and my husband are now married for 1 year and 1 month. We both are willing to divorce each other. What is the procedure for doing the same? How long does it take to finalize?

You have been married for only 1 year and 1 month, in order to apply for divorce you marriage must be atleast 1 year old which you fulfil, but in order to apply for divorce by mutual consent or under any other ground/s both of you must be living apart or separate from matrimonial house for atleast 1 year, which must be proved by you, Living in the same house but in two different rooms also qualifies for mutual divorce.
Both parties must be present at the time of filing the petition by mutual consent, after which 6 months waiting period is given and then both parties must appear and thereafter the court will grant the divorce.
If marriage is consumated and if the wife gets pregnant then the quantum of compensation and alimony must be decided and reduced into writing as well and this must be handed over to the court.

Advocate Preeti Joshi