Way for reconciliation after 2 years of separation

I am a Hindu Brahmin. Love,arrange Marriage date : 04/03/2014 Place : Mumbai,India I am epileptic,my health went bad after marriage.Wealth & health were major issues apart from husband's family holding negativity for me. My husband hid my health issue from in-laws which created friction after marriage.Since August 01,2015 we haven't met.I tried contacted him many times,but reaction was negative. I am blamed of hiding evil face through epilepsy,my Guru,God are insulted as fake apart from other insults. Neither is husband wanting to meet, talk nor is he initiating any separation process saying he has money issues. Husband is in negative state of mind,yet I want to be with him. Both of us are educated post graduates. Third party influence is strong on him & individual decision making seems weak. I need an advise for what action to take in this situation that can lead to meeting & reconciliation,positive path ahead. Thanks & Regards

Answers (3)

279 votes

If your husband has deserted you without reasonable cause and you wish to be with him then you can file a restitution of conjugal rights in family court. But there is a trail you need to follow to establish that he has deserted your company. A lawyer will guide you in this.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

343 votes

Since I see a considerable inclination towards mending the bridge, I suggest you to file for a case under sec 9 of Hindu Marriage Act , 1955 before a Family court judge, after your husband is summoned to court you will have an opportunity during Mandatory counselling session before the litigation starts. this could break the ice between you both and help you in reconstituting your conjugal rights with him. (Restitution of Conjugal rights - Sec 9 of Hindu Marriage Act, 1955

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
68 votes

You are Hindu by caste so hindu laws are applicable on you. On that behalf as per Hindu Marriage act you are able to Issue legal notice u/s 09 of Hindu Marriage act and claim for reconciliation of marriage with him before 1 August 2017

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I got married only 45 days old and we both want to take divorce with mutual concern , as I am a government employee shall I pay alimony to her…

Read More

I have a settlement deed as a proof of divorce. can i do second marriage. Will it legal. Will there is requirement of divorce decree at the time of re…

Read More

Actually my registry marriage already done with engagement 6 month ago. But social marriage still not done......but few days ago..I know about groom w…

Read More

My younger brother was married to a girl in our caste …before 2.5 years Once we get a call from a police station that the father in law of my y…

Read More