Want to know if husband can file for divorce

In Divorce Law
My marriage is about to complete three years but till date there are lot of issues between me and my wife. Now situation come at this point that I am feeling very uncomfortable. I want to know that can I file a case for divorce from my wife. Is there any possibility that she can create any hurdle in this case.

Answers (3)

321 votes

Hurdles no. But she can certainly file cases for maintenance and all which is something you cannot prevent. You can file for divorce. But you have not mentioned the grounds on which you seek divorce. It's better to have a consultation.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

84 votes

Yes husband can also file a petition for divorce. Under Hindu law grounds for divorce are provided if your case fits under any of the ground you can ask for divorce. If your wife is also ready for divorce you both can file petition for mutual consent divorce

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
21 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
195 votes

Yes ,You can file the divorce petition on ground of the issues between you which are amounting to cruelty. Further you not specified whether you are still living together or separated. As far as hurdles on her part is concern she can claim maintenance and if doenot wish to give divorce may contest her side on her reasons. You have both a choice to get mutual divorce for which you can both consult lawyer who can settle the difference and get proper relief .

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles