Validity of audio and video evidences to prove case against husband

If I to collect some audio or video proof where my husband commits he is not able to keep the physical relationship with me from marriage date, then this proof will stand in court or not?

Answers (2)

224 votes

Yes you can produce such evidences in the court. Such evidence is called electronic evidence and are permissible as Indian Evidence Act. There always be counter arguments to that but still to prove your case of consumption of marriage you can produce such evidences.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

118 votes

Yes you can....Since your marriage has not been consummated ( you did not have physical relations) you can file a petition for nullity of marriage on the ground of impotence of your husband.....The effect of this petition would be that if at all a decree of nullity is granted in your favour, your status will be spinster and not divorcee.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles