Torture by inlaws filed for divorce I don't want to get separated

I have married before 3 years. My Husband ill-treated and beated me, so I left the home and staying with my parents for the past 6 months. We tried a lot for the compromise meet with both the side elders for reunion, but they cheated us that they wil say about the schedule for compromise meet and sended the lawyer notice saying some false allegations on me and asked me to come back within 10 days. We objected that false allegations and the tortures he metted out to me and sended the reply notice that he should give assurance before both side elders that he should not torture me again (for my safety purpose) and take me back. But instead he filled the divorce petition. I never expect this, bcz for the past 6 months only these kind of misunderstanding is going on between us. So I always want to save my marriage at the same time I want saftey there, that he should not beat or ill-treat me again.. In this situation what can I do again to regain my life. I have filled RCR in my state.

Answers (2)

340 votes

You have filed RCR in your state but that was not necessary, instead you can challenge his divorce petition and can make a counterclaim for RCR in that divorce petition itself.

You can file domestic violence case against him for the cruelties he has meted out to you, seeking protection and also residential rights besides interim maintenance and return of your properties which may include compensation for the cruelties meted out to you.

You can put pressure on him by filing more criminal case against him for cruelties, assault, intimidation etc.

If he has decided to quit the married life with you, then even God cannot help you to reconcile the difference, so you have to take the whip in your hand to teach him a good lesson for all the tortures he made on you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

251 votes


You file a maintenance case against him where you can prove that he is your husband and he suppose to maintain you. And do not agree for settlement if you want to live him. Be sure and strong on your ear and strong on not to give divorce. Ensure that your lawyer is taking steps on court all hearings.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles