Time taken for disposal of appeal petition at the High Court

Sir, I got contested divorce decree from family court. My wife appealed in high court. How much time it will take for the disposal of appeal petition. Thank you.

Answers (2)

In general marital matters at high court are decided within 12 to 18 months from the date of filing of appeal, subject to advocates of both parties being present at the time of hearing. presently on account of case overloads and shortage of judges 2014, 2015 year matters are being heard.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.


What is the present status of the appeal? It is difficult to tell as to when the pending appeal will be disposed off. Usually, appeal against divorce decree takes around 3-4 months to get disposed off.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore
19 years Experience

Related Articles

Related Articles

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Hi, my marriage was occurred on aug2017 .we had a couple of issues among our selves. Once it was excited to our both parents at that time they parents…

Read More

Sir mere sadhi 2009m hue the magar hum dono three years se ek sath nhe rah rahe hu mera 2 child v h 6 aur 2 saal ka 2saal wala uske pas h 6saal wala m…

Read More

A woman of age 27 got me into a relationship with her when I was just 19 years old. I have always been carried away easily by her emotional talks. We …

Read More

My marriage date was 04/12/2017. After few days of marriage my wife was often to like to stay her father's house.Maximum time she likes to stay th…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue