Time taken for disposal of appeal petition at the High Court

Sir, I got contested divorce decree from family court. My wife appealed in high court. How much time it will take for the disposal of appeal petition. Thank you.

In general marital matters at high court are decided within 12 to 18 months from the date of filing of appeal, subject to advocates of both parties being present at the time of hearing. presently on account of case overloads and shortage of judges 2014, 2015 year matters are being heard.

Dear,

What is the present status of the appeal? It is difficult to tell as to when the pending appeal will be disposed off. Usually, appeal against divorce decree takes around 3-4 months to get disposed off.

Advocate R.K. Gupta
Goyal Vihar, Indore