Suffering from mental and physical torture. What step should i take?

i have three children. My husband is working in central government but is very alcoholic. by compromising every thing stayed with him for around 10 years but still suffering from mental torture her and domestic violence. He is also not mentioned my name in his service record and not doing his duty too (office). Now it is become impossible to stay with him. Since last 1 year staying with my parents but i have three children and by considering their future what should i do. Please suggest what legal action should i take ?

Answers (3)

156 votes

Best option for you is to file petition under domestic volience act int he court presently you are residing and further you can claim residence orders, maintenance order for you and kids, educaton expenses as well as protection order . Or else if you can file divorce petition on ground of cruelty if you wish to seek divorce and maintenance order for you and kids, educaton expenses .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

349 votes

considering your condition at the moment, i will not advise you to initiate legal proceedings against you husband.
in my opinion you should first approach an NGO for family counselling to save your marriage.
if no settlement has been arisen you can have various remedies in the court of law like Divorce, maintenance etc.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
270 votes

My opinion is that you can file a case of domestic violence against him and demand for maintenance and shelter as well as for child education. in the said case you will get a immediate relief... or you can go for divorce plus maintenance U/s 13(I)(a) & 24, 27 under Hindu Marriage Act...

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles