Suffering from kidney disease wife want divorce how should I stop her

I have married 1 year ago, recently found that i have last stage kidney disease which need kidney transplantation to cure it. But my wife expressed her reluctance to live with me as I am patient. But her relative demanded alimony for her to do second marriage 12 lakes and 240 grams gold as permanent settlement what they say. But I don't want to give divorce, and my disease is curable. I want to live with her after i am cured. Already we had given 240 grams and 6 lakh. I want to live with her after i am cured my question is if my wife want divorce one sidedly and live on her own can she demand for Alimony. I want to file case for her return under Restitution of Conjugal Rights in Hindu Marriage WHat should I do?

Answers (3)

172 votes

Dear Sir,

Don't mind but when you know that you are in the last stage of kidney disease and when your wife wants divorce from you, why you want to force her to stay with you? If you really love your wife then divorce her so that she can remarry. What is the point in filing RCR when your wife does not want to live with you? Even if you win the RCR case, court cannot force her to come back to you. Yes. if she files contested divorce petition she can claim alimony and the same may be granted but the quantum of alimony cannot be predicted beforehand.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

105 votes

Hello sir, you can file for restitution of conjugal rights under Hindu Marriage Act, but the thing is whether your decease is now cured or not, if not, you cannot. Of course that is not a ground to take divorce also for her.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
308 votes

Dear Client,
Why do you have strong desire to live with a wife, who has no love and affection towards you. When you have kidney disease and need help, she demands alimony. I think it is wrong on your part to live with a wife who has no love and affection towards you. You need not give any amounts. Why do you give amounts. Already you did a mistake of giving 240 grams of gold and 6 lakh money. Don`t give further amounts. You need money for curing your disease. Don`t give further amounts. You must spend amounts for curing your disease. You require amounts for your medical expenses. After curing your disease you think about restitution of conjugal rights or other reliefs. Till then don`t think about your deserted wife who has no love towards you and demanding for 12 lakhs and 240 grams of gold as permanent settlemnet and second marriage. After curing of your disease then think about any thing about your wife. Till then take expert legal advise.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles