Staying separate from husband for 1 year now. How can i divorce him?

Am not ready for marriage I informed both my parents and husband but no one hear my words and marriage was held. I requested my husband to give some time for sexual relationship but he promised me and tortured me for sex. Physically and mentally I was hurt. After a month I move to my parents home. 1 year completed we are not together but now he applied petition for re join. I don like to join with him anymore. I was helpless. Please help me to get out from this situation

Answers (3)

242 votes

I suggest you to file another Petition for divorce on the ground of physical and mental torture before the proper family court. The Restitution of Conjugal Rights Petition which is pending before the court will not be decreed unless and untill you agree to join your husband.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

201 votes


You have to file a vakalth before family court in Restitution of conjugal rights case, if you r not file vakalth, court will passed judgment and decree in favor of your husband. at the same time you can file a petition before same court for divorce.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
205 votes

Attend the court hearing, cin the mediation tell your intentions clear and seek divorce. If he refuses to give divorce, file petition for divorce under the ground of Cruelty' and seek maintenance.

Mutual Consent Divorce is best way forward. Negotiate your way through it.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles