Spy call recording of wife phone. Can i use it as defense in 498 case?

My wife is having an affair, I have recorded her conversation through spy call recorder. they are talking since months. She also get guidance form her mother that how to behave with me and with the other guy. She also guide her for filing 498A. Q1. Can I use those spy call recordings for filing divorce or Adultery. Q2. Does recording calls of wife, without her knowledge comes under cyber crime. Even if wife is in wrong doings. Q3. Can I use those call recordings in defense if she files 498A/DV/CRPC 125 etc.

Answers (3)

130 votes

Assumin you are Hindus,

As per section 13(1) of the Hindu marriage act, adultery is a ground for divorce.

So yes, you can file divorce on the gounds of adultery by using those spy call recordings.

Recording wife calls is not a crime if husband suspects wife of infidelity. 

These recordings can also be used as defence in any flase case that she files against you.

Click here to find the best Divorce lawyer in your city.

327 votes

Q1. Ans. you can file divorce & adultery case by using those spy call recordings.
Q2. Ans. No call recording of wife without her knowledge does not come under cyber crime.
Q3. Ans. Yes you can use those call recordings as your defense if she filed 498A/DV/CR.P.C 125 etc.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

236 votes

Go ahead and use the recordings you have and file a case for divorce on grounds of adultery. By doing this your wife might file a criminal case against you U/s 498A and Under the Domestic Violence acts, take anticipatory bail after you file for divorce. Recording wife calls is not a crime if husband suspects wife of infidelity.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles