some important information about divorce procedure.

My permanent address is in u.p. and I got married in 2006 at my home town. My inlaws are also from u.p. I want divorce with my husband and he is also want. I am living in delhi since last 5 years and working in a private company. Can I apply for divorce from my current address as from Delhi?

Answers (2)

52 votes

you can file if you have any government ID of Delhi after that you can file divorce from Delhi no problem where your husband live or your marriage. for that you have to ID like Adhar card, Election Card, any government then you can file and thereafter you can file divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

221 votes

Dear Madam

You can apply for a divorce in delhi as you are residing here. The place where divorce petition can be filed is considered according to three parameters :

where marriage took place
where husband and wife last lived together
where party filing the petition is residing at the time of filing of petition.

Therefore you can file the petition for divorce in Delhi.

Feel free to revert in case of further clarifications.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles