×

quesSister in law wants parents house. Is creating trouble because of it.

in my family we are 5.mother,father,elder brother and his wife. since from last 3 years his wife is tutoring and harassing our family in different different ways. she left my brother's house who lives in another city and came to my father's house and harass whole family . Everyday she creates problem for all of us. she do not want to go back with my brother. we have tried to convince her in every type but she finally said i want this house. my old mother and father is having this only one house as property. even they wanted now to shift to another rented one to avoid these situation.Kindly adv

If it is your father’s house then the women does not have any right on the property of her in laws,. She has right to residence at the property of your elder brother or he is required to provide an accommodation.

We will suggest you that your mother should file a complaint at nearest police station against your elder brother’s wife  for domestic violence. Further you should speak to your brother and ask her to provide an alternative accommodation. 

• ansAs per the contents of the problem it seems that the property is in the name of your parents. If it is true and the same is self acquired by your parents, she can't claim any right/partition in the same. Your parents may file a suit for permanent and mandatory injunction against your sister in law for restraining her entry in the abovesaid property and if she is the possession of any part of property then suit for possession
      and permanent injunction may be filed against her.

Thanks
      Mohan S.

Advocate Mohan S

Janakpuri, Delhi