Sister in law blackmailing me to pay extra money how to deal?

My elder brother is serving life imprisonment & for 11 years since arrest of my elder brother I am looking after his wife and two children & they are living with me. But now days someone has manipulated my sister in law to take monthly maintenance. I am small cable operator by profession and limited income & I have to look after my mother who is on dialysis & my wife, daily household expenses & court expenses. I can't afford any extra money to give my sister in law but she threats and harass that if I will not give her extra money so she will make false complain to police. What should I do?

Answers (1)

344 votes

You must inform these facts in writing to ur local police, commissioner office and women celll. Then you may also issue a legal notice to her through a lawyer. Keep all these correspond with you sp that even if she file any false complaints this will protect and safeguard all your interest.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles