×

quessister being molested by husband need divorce

My husband molested my sister (26) two years ago (2015) which I have gotten to know only a couple of days back. We have been married for 8 years and have no children. He's an engineer turned management consultant with an MNC and I am a dependent housewife. I am contemplating divorce but I also need maintenance till my divorce comes through. I am currently living at my parent's house. What are my options? When and on what grounds can I file for divorce? Also, what legal action can I take against him for the molestation (although my sister is against it as she is undergoing therapy and does not want to drag the scarring incident any further)? Please advice.

• ansFirst need entire details in its full to guide you better moreover to get maintenance you can get it by filing a maintenance case as well as making a complaint against your husband at the police station.

Advocate Aveek Bose

Old Post Office Street, Kolkata

• ansHello,
      Yes you can file a divorce petition along with a petition under sec 125of the crpc for maintenance. You should also lodge an FIR in the the local police station where this incident happened....

Advocate Pritha Basu

Salt Lake, Kolkata

• File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers

Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services