Punishment for concealing professional/income details from court

17-Mar-2023 (In Divorce Law)
if i dont show the right salary and about my professional deatails will court take any action on it or what can be a cause is court believe if i says i m not doing anything or simply say getting 15k what cause in my career?
Answers (3)

Answer #1
874 votes
Making false statements in court is punishable under section 193 of IPC with maximum 7 years imprisonment or if court tries you summarily for that under section-344 of CrPC then punishable with maximum 3 months imprisonment. So if you are going to make any statement in court then state only truth.
Answer #2
610 votes
Without going through complete case details it is difficult to ascertain as to what would be impact of hiding your income before court. .
Answer #3
737 votes
As per Section 191 of IPC if someone being legally bound by an oath or by an express provision of law to state the truth, or being bound by law to make a declaration upon any subject, makes any statement which is false and which she either knows or believes to be false or does not believe to be true is said to give false evidence. 5. As per Section 195 of IPC if someone gives or fabricates false evidence intending thereby to cause ,or knowing it to be likely that he will thereby cause, any person to be convicted of an offence which by the law for the time being in force in India is not capital, but punishable with imprisonment for life ,or imprisonment for a term of seven years or upward, shall be punished as a person convicted of that offence would be liable to be punished.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."