×

Procedure to file for divorce on medical grounds

My frnd hindu her marraige solomonise spcile marrage on District Reg.Office At prsent he taking divorce her wife without any docter priscription she is mentally problem

If the marriage has been recently solemnised and your friend was unaware of the girl's mental problem, he can file for nullity of the marriage on the ground of fraud/ misrepresentation. If not, i would advise that rather than filing solely on the ground of medical, which is very difficult to establish and has its own drawbacks, it is better to file under any of the other applicable grounds.

No, there is no any provision to taking divorce section 13 Divorce of Hindu marriage act 1955, according to these act without medical evidence your friend cannot blame of his wife so suppose if your friend blame his wife was mental so he seek divorce so then court direct appropriate authority to take a medical checkup then the court will satisfy she is mental then only your friend get divorce other wise there is no chance to take divorce without medical document.

Advocate Preeti Joshi