Procedure to file for divorce on medical grounds

My frnd hindu her marraige solomonise spcile marrage on District Reg.Office At prsent he taking divorce her wife without any docter priscription she is mentally problem

Answers (2)

If the marriage has been recently solemnised and your friend was unaware of the girl's mental problem, he can file for nullity of the marriage on the ground of fraud/ misrepresentation. If not, i would advise that rather than filing solely on the ground of medical, which is very difficult to establish and has its own drawbacks, it is better to file under any of the other applicable grounds.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

No, there is no any provision to taking divorce section 13 Divorce of Hindu marriage act 1955, according to these act without medical evidence your friend cannot blame of his wife so suppose if your friend blame his wife was mental so he seek divorce so then court direct appropriate authority to take a medical checkup then the court will satisfy she is mental then only your friend get divorce other wise there is no chance to take divorce without medical document.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

I want to take the divorce from my wife because of Adultery case . No case is registered by Police . I have some proof like my wife maintain the perso…

Read More

I am hindu. I have 2 years old daughters. Because she is a girl child my in-laws harassed me for divorce right now i stay with my parents and my daugh…

Read More

It was an arrange marriage that happened in May 2013. Very next day of marriage, we found that my wife was suffering from mental illness. Initially we…

Read More

I hav been married fr 2 years, my husband had a traveling job so i used to stay with his father alone in the house for a year. there were constant und…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue