Procedure to file for divorce if wife is asking to live separately

I m married since last almost 5 years. My wife is from Madhya Pradesh and she came here in Mumbai after marriage and stayed for six months. Since then we are not living together. Now I contacted her and she is ready to live with me but not in Mumbai. She wants me to live my parents and live with her in MP. But I can't live my old parents as nobody is there to look after them. Please suggest me how to get divorce from her?

Answers (3)

156 votes

First of all you need to send a legal notice under section 9 for restitution of conjugal rights by which you will ask her to reset with you at your home in Mumbai and specifically mentioned in your legal notice that you will file divorce petition instead of restitution of conjugal rights if she don't come at your home if within the specified period she doesn't come back to your home then you can file a divorce petition at nearest court of jurisdiction

For any kind of legal support and lawyer service kindly contact or visit us at
Advocate gurchal and Associates law services, office number 5, Sai Dham complex, landewadi, Bhosari, Pune

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

123 votes

Procedure for filing divorce - you have to file petition in family court .
You have to mentioned all the grounds for which you are seeking dissolution of marriage.
If you want to file divorce petition engaged a lawyer.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
185 votes

Dear Querist, As per your query if she is ready to live with you then please talk to her again make her understand about your situation and then come to the conclusion. If is she is ready then it's OK if not then take to her about getting separate mutually from this matrimonial relationships. For more please contact on my number.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles