Not present on court dates for Mutual divorce due to sickness

Sir, My MC case for divorce, hearing on 10th Sep in court which I need to travel for more than 7 hrs, the case is going for 2 years and the status is still appear to court, no judgement yet. I am working in chennai. In this situation last year I got operated for kidney stone in a critical condition and still under medication. This time too I am affected with the same problem for which doctor said I should get operated Immediately and not to travel for atleast 2 months. Is there any possibility of providing sick note and get time for 2 months, if so kindly say me the procedure. I am hindu guy.

Answers (2)

221 votes

it is permissible to file a petition with affidavit before the court along with the medical certificate seeking adjournment from the court on medical grounds. I am sure that you are been represented by a lawyer .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

208 votes

yes you have the provision of taking exemption from the court. you may produce your medical certificates and other documents and take a date. the court may be generous and due to unavoidable circumstances grant you to appear before the court on the next date of hearing.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles