Not married legally wife is asking maintenance after 11 years

i) There is no proof of marriage but got a son . ii) Living separately from last more tha 11 years iii) File a legal case for Monthly Maintenance charges & share in property . iv) Asking huge amount for out of court settlement v) I am a Hindu vi) Whether Legally she can bind to pay monthly Maintenance charges & share in property

Answers (3)

186 votes

She can claim maintenance from you and also for child , and if you want to settle matter out of court then consult ADV. and then only go for settlement. But the crux is whether you were already married before you and your so called wife were in a relationship and was marriage performed by Hindu rites and ceremonies like saptpadi?

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

95 votes

what are u decided first
u r both r residing separately then what u have separation, divorce or restitution.
there is legal way of maintenance and in case u r not maintained her otherwise property attached of ur share.
u r prove that ur wife is maintain herself

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
344 votes

Yes legally she can ask you for the monthly maintenance and also a property which is in your name. You can not skip this easily. It's very serious matter. No matter u have proofs of your marriage or not. Further you can contact me.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles