No stay on proceedings obtained due to demise of advocate, what to do?

Hello Experts, My wife filed 498a in Bangalore and then after 2 months filed DV and other cases at her native place in Tamil Nadu. I then applied for a Cr. Transfer petition in the Hon'ble Supreme Court in APRIL 2015.The wife side did not file their response and continued taking time for a year (don't know how SC registry can give so much time) and finally did not file their response. The advocate from TN deceived us and finally I had to get another advocate to get a hearing and was disposed off only in JAN 2017. Now that I could not even get a stay due to the deceit of my first advocate, will the time spent in Hon'ble SC considered as default STAY as it is the highest court of the land or I have to pay the interim maintenance for the whole period if ordered by the lower court. How can I get over this and how can I convince the lower court that the delay was due to the respondent taking a very long time to file their reply yet not filing it and deceit of my first advocate.

Answers (1)

319 votes

The system is like that. The Supreme Court cannot sit and decide small family matters with its little infrastructure. You are born in India and cannot seek justice within hours. You cannot get any relief in lower court on the ground of delay in SC. You may at the most claim compensation against your advocate who had cheated you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Pradeep Kumar
Rohini Court, Delhi
14 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles