×

quesMy marriage is registered under Nepal laws, how can I file for divorce

My marriage is registered under the law of Nepal. Now I am going through a phase as I need a divorce but my husband is not ready to do it. Currently I reside at Mumbai at my parents place. I want to ask : What if I don't take a divorce, coz he is not ready to give me ? What if he marrys someone else without my knowledge ? Is there any cause that will valid the second marriage without the divorce? As I heard that if I don't approach the count abt the second marriage within 35-45days, the second marriage will be valid. Can I applied divorce summons through online/postal service

• ansYou have not disclosed your nationality.as your marriage is governed by Nepal law, will have to take more details and legal status of yours I.e. both husband and wife from you to give you proper advice. Kindly note there is no online court proceedings in India.rest can b advice only after detailed information.

Advocate Sagar Kothari

District Court Shivajinagar, Pune