my in laws are not taking me back from my parents house...

i was married 6 months back. my in laws knew that i was suffering from Diabetes and they agreed to take care of me and pay for medications. i had come back to my house to give exams to which my husband agreed and said we would get my back after exams. now its been 1 month he has not come to pick me. after calling he says that he wants divorce and wants me to give it in writing and leave him. how should i proceed with it?

Answers (2)

106 votes

If your husband is not coming to take you home, you can go there as that is your matrimomial home. In case they don't let you in then you can dial no. 100 immediately for police support.
Else you can move an application under section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act on case both of you are Hindus.
Or you can also move an application before the women cell for the same.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

252 votes

Dear Client,

pls clarify how you want to proceed? towards divorce or back to you husband house.

Better to arrange some mediation involving your parents, his parents and elders of family and try to settle the matter, since you are newly wedded,

alternatively go for restitution of conjugal rights,

alternatively, don't wait for him, go yourself and take charge, you have absolute and complete rights on your husband and his house.

for further clarifications call me with complete details.........

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Shashi Kant Sharma
District Court, Gurgaon
11 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles