My husband wants divorce but I am not willing What can I do

My friend has been married for 3 years and has a one year old daughter with her husband. Since last 2 months , he has not been staying with her and is asking for a divorce. He's staying with his parents and my friend with her. He hasn't given her any reason for why he wants the divorce. Also, my friend is scared that her husband's family is trying to brainwash him against her. Her's is an intercaste marriage. She's a Muslim and he's a maharashtrian. Please help.

Answers (1)

105 votes

It is advisable that your friend and her husband should go through a counseling session.
If there is no amicable settlement, then you can further proceed to court procedures.
Please contact for further advice.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles