My boyfriend got married due to parents pressure what can I do

My boyfriend got married 4 months back due to parents pressure his marriage is not consummated yet. The girl knows the he loves me but stil she is not giving divorce and she is having affairs with other guy and says them as her brother and girl side are denying for divorce even his parents are not letting to take divorce and blackmailing him. he says he stil loves me and want to live with me but they are not allowing for divorce . Please help me out in this how to proced further. how can i help him to file divorce.

Answers (2)

218 votes

The Hindu Marriage Act prohibits Petitions for Divorce within one year of marriage. Since the marriage was celebrated only 4 months ago, you cannot file for divorce. However, you can file a Petition for a declaration that the marriage is null and void. If parties to a marriage want to separate within the 1st year of marriage, they can file a Petition under Section 11 of the Hindu Marriage Act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

327 votes

Your situation us complicated as boys have a legal wife and you are his past ,not giving divorce is her legal rights ,only what matters is how you develop that strategy ,and how well you deal with the matter ,since very little left with you, I also feel that discussing these matters in privacy is very essential ,hence would suggest that you meet on appointment so that proper care or proper legal advise provided .Ofc : Adv pankaj Kumar

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles