Mode of Payment interim maintenance

In Divorce Law
Hi\nInterim order passed of 10k per month. But from date of application it's been 3years and in the middle there was lockdown so court was closed. Now is there any way to revise the order. And even if I have to pay the total amount from the date of application can I pay it in installments?

Answers (2)

346 votes

you can certainly seek a revision if you can satisfy the court of change of circumstances which would require a downward revision of the amount. if an arrear has accumulated you can surely ask the court to grant you permission to pay in installments.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

332 votes

so to answer your first question yes we can revise . in legal language I might say yes we can challenge the order or we can apply for modification of the order for the maintenance where you have to pay 10000 per month . justified ground has to be submitted and explained before the learned Court . We have to make court understand that you are not capable of paying Rs. 10000 per month as maintenance to your wife.
Now answering to your second question whether you can pay in installment ? answer will be yes but not installment, we can ask the court to make the entire amount break into the part payment so that you can make the payment without fail

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
35 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
28 years Experience

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles