Mental harassment and threatening by wife

I am class I central Govt. employee and my wife is working in NCC as Major. Since we both have transferable job, therefore most of the time after marriage we stayed separably. She stay with my two kids. Since last two years her behavior suddenly changes. She rarely speak to me over phone and when i make call she used to fight me. Now she started threatening me that if i come to meet her she will make me arrest. She threatens me to lodge police complaint and put a case of dowry and physical abuse against me and my mother and brothers. I am in great mental tension. Kindly suggest me what to do?

Answers (2)

169 votes

as of now, you can only take pre-emptive measures, i would suggest that you lodge a complaint against her that she is not letting you meet your children and also threatening you, you can add colour to it and say that she also got you beaten up when you tried to visit her, this won't stop her from taking action against you, but it will help you, if she ever does, you should also file a case for the custody of the children.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

71 votes

File an application under Restitution of Congjunal rights ...... Without any further delay . If you have already filed for above a 498A will not have any major effect - do mention in your complaint that your wife is working and staying in different location and does not want to meet you.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles