×

quesMarried through matrimonial site. Wife left house and irritating.

Actually my brother got married in Oct14 through a matriomonial site. But in 60days the girl started behaving badly. And in 2months she got preganant and angry and left home with all her belongings Now she filed a case on my brother and askin money My brother is jobless and mentally disturb, We need to knw can my brother get divorce from her

Your brother can file divorce petition on ground of cruelty only after the period of completing 1 year from marriage. Further we can try for mutual divorce if she agrees in mediation. Also, you didn't disclose what type of matter she has filed so that we can advise you on the same.

So at least one year period is mandatory for filing a divorce petition.

Another option is to file a petition for annulment of marriage which can be filed before the completion of 1 year as well. However, the grounds for the same are different and we need to know details to see if any ground can be used to file for annulment.

• answe need to know the details of case filed against your brother but yes your brother can file divorce case on the ground of mental crueltyaginst his wife there is no bar to it. and if the lady is ready for divorce then you can proceed for mutual consent divorce before the proper court of law.

Advocate Sagar Kothari

District Court Shivajinagar, Pune

• ansDivorce may get for desertion. Till then maintenance is required to be paid as per court direction. If wife is earning then maintenance cant be given.

Advocate Uday Jadhav

Bibvewadi, Pune

• ansSir,
      Your brother can file divorce petition on ground of cruelty only after the period of completing 1 year from marriage. Further we can try for mutual divorce if she agrees in mediation Further you didn't disclose what type of matter she has filed.
      So at least one year period is mandatory for doing petition.
      Regards
      Pramod Kale

Advocate Pramod Kale

District Court, Shivajinagar, Pune