Married for nine months and wants to get mutual divorce

I married 9months ago. Me and my wife are not feeling comfortable with each other. So how could we get divorce easily and quickly

Answers (3)

126 votes

Yes it is possible to get divorce both parties under section 13-B of Hindu Marriage Act .it is very easy, it will take 6 months time .while filing this petition another application be annexed with this petition under section 14 of Hindu Marriage Act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

170 votes

In order to get mutual consent divorce, you need to wait for at least one year of marriage. However, if your marriage is not registered than you can somehow take the advantage if it. It would be better if you wait for another three four months in order to get divorce by mutual consent easily. As there is no point continuing with the relationship if it has become bitter for whatever reasons.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
53 votes

yes one can get divorce by filling the petition an there is no impedement in getting the divorce decree as the said issue has been resolved by the Apex court now. if client wants to disolve the merriage then they can approach and will get the required decree.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles