Married for 4 years. No cruelty happening but want to divorce husband.

What is the procedure for filing divorce? I have been married for 4 years and my husband is not wiling to divorce me. There are no such cruelty happening with me. But i want to divorce him. How can i do that?

Answers (2)

246 votes

you will have to come up with a reason for seeking divorce, because, if you are saying there is no cruelty per se, then it becomes difficult, and after submitting the reasons your husband will get a chance to rebut/contest the reasons so stated by you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

158 votes

If your husband is not willing to divorce you then you have to lodge an FIR u/ss 498A,323,504 IPC against your husband and in-laws thereby pressurizing him..but its my personal opinion that if you are not facing any harassment then don't go for divorce..there must be some misunderstandings but these misunderstandings are not worth of its up to you..

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles