×

quesMarriage postponed by girl's parents. Only engagement done. What to do

i got engaged in November. Me and my parents went to the girls family and engagement was arranged. They cancelled and postponed the marriage from April and keeps on postponing it. Now they are telling me and not my parents that are not ready for arrange marriage. What can i do now if they file any false? Can i get married to someone else?

This question has been answered by one of our lawyers. See answer below.

• ansYou are legally not married yet. You can go ahead and get married to any other girl if you wish.

Talk to that girl and her family with whom you have got engaged l, get the things clarified and you can ask them to give it writing that they are not willing to get their girl married to you and they have no claimagaist you. Please note, this is optional.

Advocate Sandeep Hegde

Rajajinagar, Bangalore

• ansYou can marry any another girl since marriage is not solemnized between you and that girl. She cannot even file any sort of false complaint as it won't withstand before the court. Even she can also marry any other boy as per her wish.

Advocate Jagadish N

Adugodi, Bangalore