Legal query regarding documents to be filed with divorce petition

Hello I have filed a divorce petiotion and i got know that court has been sent notice to my wife. In this regard i have submitted my IT Returns, Bank Statements, Pay slips, Evidences etc.. these documents are also sent with this notice.. is this mandate to send my personal documents also send with notice?

Answers (2)

No, it is not necessary to send your personal income details to the other party. In case of notice all the above mentioned documents are not required . All these documents are required at the time of filling of the divorcee petition and not in the case of sending notice

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If your divorce is Mutual Consent Divorce: S-13B then the following documents requires:
Address proof of husband
• Address proof of wife
• Marriage certificate
• Four passport size photographs of marriage of husband and wife
• Evidence proving spouses are living separately since more than a year.
• Evidence relating to the failed attempts of reconciliation
Also, it is important to note while talking about the documents required to be submitted by the petitioner, that they need to submit photocopies of the following documents once petition for divorce is filed in the appropriate Court.
• Income tax statements for the last 2-3 years
• Details of profession and present remuneration
• Information relating to family background
• Details of properties and other assets owned by the petitioner
In case of cruelty:
Marriage certificate
• Address proof of husband
• Address proof of wife
• Medical reports proving physical abuse
• Evidences laying down cruel behavior
• Submitting copies of outrageous acts like putting up advertisements in newspapers, if any.
• Statements of persons who witnessed the cruel act
• Four passport size photographs of marriage of husband and wife
so, it all depends on the ground on which you filled the petition for Divorced.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Legal Services

Legal Notice / Reply to Legal Notice for Divorce

4.6 | 45 ratings
30 Min Intro call + Start to finish help
60 Min Marriage / Relationship Counselling Session by Phone

No Ratings
60 Min telephonic counselling session with an expert relationship counsellor
15 Minutes Divorce Advice Session by Phone

4.8 | 371 ratings
Ask questions and get advice from a local experienced advocate on divorce and separation
Court Marriage

4.8 | 94 ratings
Work with a local experienced family advocate to guide you through your court marriage.
File for Mutual Divorce

4.8 | 241 ratings
Get hassle-free mutual divorce for both Indian and NRI couples through experienced lawyer in your city
Marriage Registration

4.8 | 170 ratings
Get your marriage registered through an experienced local advocate in the city of your residence
Similar questions

Mere brother ki marriage 2004 main hui thi.Or meri bhabhi one year bhi saath main nahi rahi. Chod Kar chali gai.. Phir naa hi kisi taraha ka koi conta…

Read More

My son was married 6 years back in India. He is a H1B1 visa holder in US. His wife went along with him to US. They also have a kid. Recently she came …

Read More

Respected sir/Madam,I am from hyderabad,telangana.i have done my graduation 2014 passout.i married a girl name Sunayana Singh on 09/08/ a templ…

Read More

My husband and I are living seperately since 4 yrs. now i need to apply ration card for my kids an me. but in the office they are asking for my h…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue