Legal opinion for getting divorce and aborting child

Me and my wife are in a marriage of 3 years. All these 3 years of marriage have been mixed with good and bad time. The percentage of bad time being 70%. We both have suffered job loss and loss of income. Lot of mental as well as emotional imbalance. The bone of contention for my wife has always been my good relation with my family and my mother. Lately i have been accused couple of times by my wife of cheating with other women( My friends wife and my brothers wife). I have reached a point in my life, where i am unable to bear this situation any more and want separation advice. however, my wife is pregnant for between 2-3 months. I no longer want to give birth to this child. I want a advice over legal abortion of the child and my divorce advice. Religion - Hindu

Answers (1)

136 votes

Regarding aborting a child, the consent of your wife is very important and in India abortion can be done upto 20 weeks i..e, 5 months under Medical Termination Pregnancy Act 1971.

With reference to your divorce, let me know if your wife is fine with divorce..then, in that case you can go in for mutual consent. If not, you will have to seperately file an application for divorce under undue harrasment, violence and seek for divorce.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles