Legal grounds & procedure for contested divorce

Can a Hindu husband get divorce if his Hindu wife is staying seperate from 7-8 years with her daughter?She doesnt want to come back,nor wants to give divorce.Gave lots of mental stress to her husband.The father n daughter have a gud relation.Now she is 19 yrs old.Is 1 sided divorce possible?

Answers (1)

263 votes

Yes you can get divorce under hindu marriage act

You can send your wife legal notice for divorce or you can apply to the court for divorce petition.

Engage a lawyer for this

Thank you

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles