In laws of my son are very manipulative and fighting. What to do?

My son got married in December 2014. Together they stayed in India for a couple of months. Later they moved to Australia. But the father in law of the girl is trying to spoil the marriage. He is asking my son to not to speak with us and also giving false threats to son via mail. Now they have filed 498A case against us and divorce case in India. What should we do now?

Sir, now that cases have already been initiated against you those have to be suitably defended. In respect of the criminal case if the situation so warrants you may apply for anticipatory bail before the sessions court concerned. In so far as the divorce case is concerned its maintenability is to be examined in view of the bar of one year from the date of marriage for filing a divorce petition under the HMA

Dear Madam,

You should defend the case of divorce and try to get the FIR in 498-A quashed from the High Court.

Before that apply for anticipatory bail for members whose name appear In FIR If that has been registered by police.

More details would be needed for Certain advise.

Please contact for further course

In present matter the family members shall apply for anticipatory bail immediately in the court of jurisdiction and also file criminal complaint against the father in law for threatening your son and your family in local police station in India. on the basis of same your son can apply for divorce in the court.