In laws forcing daughter to quit job and threatening to evict her.

Daughter married in February. In laws are forcing to quit job and stay at home. Before marriage they accepted everything, now they are asking her to quit or if she wants to continue the job then she has to leave the house. What can she do?

Answers (3)

200 votes

You can directly approach to the court by filling application under DV Act. By that application you can get protection orders and in laws will be restrained from obstructing her residence at matrimonial house.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

297 votes

She should first decide what to do. Any step taken legally will strain the relations further. So first decide if you want to pursue legal remedies first. Take an appointment to meet me then things can be discussed further.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
326 votes

You can initiate proceedings under D V act and seek interim relief like residence order, not to disturb in job place, from Court. Further they cannot force her but for betterment of parties its appropriate to consult lawyers by both parties.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles