In laws and husband harassed me now they filed divorce case

Im female 33 married on Apr 09. Right after marriage i was harassed 4money and whn i refused i was abused every now n the mentally and physically. I had a miscarriage too due to this. 2nd time when i was pregnant as my inlaws n husband suspected im jobless they thrown me out of house with 2 months pregnancy. Stil me n my parents wait 7 years hoping they will change by time but every now and then things were same they started forcing me to come back home which we refused til we dnt see behavior change. My husband was only 10th Pass n it was not told to us. now they hv filed divorce. I need help

Answers (3)

215 votes

You can bring on record all the facts stated in Question. Place Police Complaint if any and Contents Divorce Petition. You can Also Claim Maintenance from the Husband Pending the Proceeding in Family Court.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

180 votes

as you have mentioned that your husband has filed for divorce then the only solution is to fight the divorce and ask / demand maintenance and permanent alimony for you

you should appoint good advocate and fight the case and defend yourself against the false allegations made against you in the divorce petition.

you will have to prove that there was no fault from your side and the husband and his family has tortured you so much that there is no way left for you to protect your own life

Hope it helps....

All the best !

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
218 votes

Dear client appear in divorce case filed by husband and strongly oppose the divorce. Also put yr case before court. U can file police complaint against husband and in law for dowry harassment under sec 498 a. U can also file domestic violence case for mental harassment. For any legal help call me

Adv prasad patil


Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles