If i get my wife to sign paper saying i never asked for dowry.Helpful?

I have been married for 1year and 4 months. Me and my family never made any demand for dowry or anything. i want to know if i file for divorce what all consequences will i face? If i get my wife to sign a paper stating that i never asked for dowry nor ever hit her will it be of any help?

If your wife and you both have issues which cannot be resolved amicably, then we suggest that you should file a Mutual consent divorce petition under Section 13 B of Hindu Marriage Act( assuming you are a Hindu).

Before filing this petition you will have to execute a MOU wherein terms of divorce have to be discussed such as maintenance etc.

In case she does not agree then you can file divorce under Section 13(1) on ground of cruelty. Your wife can file application of maintenance under Section 125 crpc or Domestic Violence Act   wherein she can demand interim maintenance.  

If you are not willing to give divorce then you can get an family settlement agreement, wherein you should clearly specify the list of items given during your marriage and also specify no dowry was demanded. 

When you will file for divorce, your wife can file application seeking interim maintenance. The divorce petition shall be stalled till the application seeking maintenance shall be decided.

A complaint under Domestic Violence Act is another remedy that your wife has.

If your wife and you both have issues which cannot be resolved amicably, then we suggest that you should file a Mutual consent divorce petition under Section 13 B of Hindu Marriage Act( assuming you are a Hindu). Before filing this petition you will have to execute a MOU wherein terms of divorce have to be discussed such as maintenance etc.
In case she does not agree then you can file divorce under Section 13(1) on ground of cruelty. Your wife can file application of maintenance under Section 125 crpc or Domestic Violence Act wherein she can demand interim maintenance.