I want to take immediate action against my husband for physical abuse.

My husband is very physically abusive. Last night my husband was physically violent. Earlier twice i called police and tried to resolve the matter. My daughter who is 7 years old also saw the whole incident. My husband is working in a private job. I want immediate action against him. What can i do?

You can file a complaint with the Women Cell. The Women Cell tries to settle the matter between the parties.
Otherwise, you can file a complaint of domestic violence against your husband in Court. The Court will then take action against your husband. Your husband can even go to jail under the said complaint in case allegations are proved.

I am very sorry to hear about your situation. First, you should pack some of your belongings and move in with a relative or a close family friend for the time being. Then you should contact the Crimes Against Women Cell in your area. A quick google search would tell you where the nearest one is. You could even speak with them over the phone as they are very quick to respond.

Thereafter, you should first approach the Domestic Violence Court for a protection order that will prevent your husband from further contacting you or your child. The Domestic Violence Court is also the only forum that will provide you with rent for an alternate accommodation. Then you should file applications under Section 125 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 for maintenance on behalf of your child and yourself. After these steps you could move in for a divorce.

Get in touch with an Advocate who practices Family Law to help you with the court proceedings. If we could be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to reach out. Hope things get better for you.

Dear Madam,

You should immediately approach the court through a lawyer and file a case of domestic violence against your husband.

Please. Feel free to revert in case of further clarifications.

.