I want to take immediate action against my husband for physical abuse.

My husband is very physically abusive. Last night my husband was physically violent. Earlier twice i called police and tried to resolve the matter. My daughter who is 7 years old also saw the whole incident. My husband is working in a private job. I want immediate action against him. What can i do?

Answers (3)

295 votes

You can file a complaint with the Women Cell. The Women Cell tries to settle the matter between the parties.
Otherwise, you can file a complaint of domestic violence against your husband in Court. The Court will then take action against your husband. Your husband can even go to jail under the said complaint in case allegations are proved.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

163 votes

I am very sorry to hear about your situation. First, you should pack some of your belongings and move in with a relative or a close family friend for the time being. Then you should contact the Crimes Against Women Cell in your area. A quick google search would tell you where the nearest one is. You could even speak with them over the phone as they are very quick to respond.

Thereafter, you should first approach the Domestic Violence Court for a protection order that will prevent your husband from further contacting you or your child. The Domestic Violence Court is also the only forum that will provide you with rent for an alternate accommodation. Then you should file applications under Section 125 of the Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 for maintenance on behalf of your child and yourself. After these steps you could move in for a divorce.

Get in touch with an Advocate who practices Family Law to help you with the court proceedings. If we could be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to reach out. Hope things get better for you.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
106 votes

Dear Madam,

You should immediately approach the court through a lawyer and file a case of domestic violence against your husband.

Please. Feel free to revert in case of further clarifications.


Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles