quesI want to divorce as well as my child's custody. How can i proceed?

We are married for 5yrs and we have two years old son ,we fight almost everyday ,he doesn't give time to me and my son he works in night shifts and doesn't want to change that either , he has started keeping secracy,even on weekends he goes to office ... In these 5years he forced me to abort thrice and at the time of my son.. He wanted me to do it again .. Bt I fought and told this to his parents.he spends his entire day in sleeping gyming and office,we don't share any emotional and physical relationship ,till now for my son's sake I didn't take any action but now I feel suffocated.Pls advice

  • Planning to Divorce? Marriage Counselling can help

    Consult Now
    • ansYou can seek divorce as well as custody of your child from the court. Depending upon the nature of your relationship and how strongly you want to proceed with it a lawyer will be able to advise you better. Forcing a woman to get abortion is a penal offence as well. So you may take police action as well as divorce proceedings.

      Advocate Shikha Pandey

        Greater Kailash-1, Delhi

    • ansMadam, even though it's difficult to explain your options in writing, broadly speaking in your situation petitions for divorce and maintenance seem to be the appropriate action besides others. Keep your child with you and let your husband file for custody if at all and you may contest the same

      Advocate Rajat Joseph

        Nizamuddin East, Delhi

    • ansin present circumstance we advice you to file criminal complaint against your husband for compeling you to abort child thrice during 5 years of your married life and the torture you face during this period. beside file divorce petion before the court and the child will remain with the mother if the child is under age.

      Advocate Yogesh Kumar Vidyakar

        District Court, Dwarka, Delhi

    • File For Mutual Divorce With Expert Lawyers
      Know More

      Click here to see all Divorce Legal Services
    • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
    • Related Articles

    Consult best Divorce lawyers in India

    Similar questions

    My husband is having an extra marital affair. The girl with whom he is a…
    I got married on 6th may 2015. But haven't registered for marriage. Now I want…
    Hi I want to know that my marriage ragester not dine by me.. and i…
    I am hindu I registered my marriage in court last year ,bit without rituals and…

    Divorce Lawyers in India

    Advocate Arjun Vinod Bobde

      Supreme Court of India
     Experience: 16 years

    Advocate Prashant Mendiratta

      Lajpat Nagar 4
     Experience: 24 years

    Advocate Vara Prasada Rao Tangrda

     Experience: 17 years

    Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

      Connaught Place
     Experience: 20 years

    View all >>

    Quick Consult

    Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

    Ask a Free Question

    Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

    Find a Lawyer

    Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

    Get Fee Estimate

    Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly