i have been issued Notice of Divorce?

my wife has sent a notice by his lawyer for Divorce. but is still staying with me. she says that she has not sent it. the notice is been sent from tamil Nadu. What should i do?

Answers (3)

262 votes

First and foremost you should issue a reply to the notice that has been addressed to you. Further, you could require your wife to tender an affidavit stating that the notice has not been issued at her behest. The appropriate way to proceed in such a case would depend on several factors which could be determined over a short consultation.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

241 votes

You should engage a lawyer to send a reply to this notice.
Before that you can also ask your wife to send a reply to this notice through a lawyer, asking explanation and to take action against the lawyer as it was sent without her will & knowledge.
If she did sent the notice, she wont accept to sending reply.
If she actually didnt sent this you both can take action against the lawyer for this notice.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
269 votes

in that you call that advocate which number show in the Notice because your wife saying that she did not about the notice, thereafter if advocate say anything that he send by the client than its clear that your wife lying to you.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles