I am afraid that my Inlaws can harass me after marriage what to do

I am getting married i\on this year 8th of may and its a love marriage at the same time inter caste too. he is from allahabad and me from kolkata and i am bengali. Now indirectly they are creating problem. They said they didn't get dowry n all so they will not take any responsibility of the marriage. He said will break all contact with his family and will marry me with may father's consent. I know him from last 10 years but now i am afraid, what if there family torture me later or harass me in some Though i will not stay with my in laws. Now i dont know what to do ?

Answers (3)

105 votes

As you do not stay with them ,you have only option to file divoce should against your husband if he do not agree to live with you seperately . you may all so file petition under P W D V Act . for claiming maintenance and all case 489A .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

126 votes

No advice can be given in the basis of any apprehension. If they subject you to cruelty you have enough law to back you and get relief. Relax and enjoy your marriage and thereafter honeymoon. I am not giving you advice regarding what steps you can take as it would unnecessarily create a cloud in your mind

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
137 votes

You marry with your husband not your In Laws. so if your husband is with you then nothing to happen.
If your in law does not avoid you you may avoid them also.
don't afraid.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles