Husband withdrew mutual consent after cool period. What to do now?

i and my husband filled petition for mutual divorce under the section of hindu marriage act-13B, after cool period my husband withdraw on his mutual concent and willing to live with me, judge given 3 hearings, but i am not willing to live with him,judge asked to with out mutual concent can't give divorce, if any old judgement available related with out mutual concent divorce,kindly forward me.and what can i do for next step.

Answers (2)

65 votes

If your husband withdraws his consent for mutual consent divorce and expresses his willingness to continue the married lief with you, the court cannot proceed with divorce proceedings any further. The court may dismiss the petition for divorce.
The fore you have an option to file a fresh divorce case on the grounds of cruelty citing this incidence also as an evidence for cruelty.
The word mutual consent itself defines consent of both to the proposed divorce, if one withdraws the consent, the mutuality extinguishes hence the court has no option than to dismiss the petition if not withdrawn by the other consenting spouse.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

57 votes

No issue. You can take out a fresh application for divorce against your husband. This existing mutual consent petition will not restrain you from filing a new case for divorce. You can go ahead separately. For any further clarification, you can contact me. Thank you

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles