Husband sent divorce notice on false grounds, what can be done

Hi, I am currently living in Hyderabad with my parents.I have been married for about 2 years. But my husband has given me much of mental torture and physical torture. Due to the marital rape, I am now away from him. Last week I received a divorce notice from him with false allegations. I was working before marriage and now I am not, because of him. I also have a 5 month baby. My questions are: (1) Can I send the reply to notice from a bangalore lawyer or should i send from hyderabad? (2) Can I demand alimony from him? Since he earns more than 30 lakhs per year.

Answers (5)

325 votes

Dear Querist,
You must not tolerate marital rape, you can send a reply legal notice through an Advocate in Hyderabad, or u can send it yourself replying to the Advocate and copying to u r spouse. You can ask for maintenance for your self and your child, however u cant deny visitation rights to u r husband. You can defend your case and demand alimony as well.
Pratap, Adv

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

221 votes

Dear Madam,
You can send reply notice from Hyderabad Advocate or Bangalore Advocate, and you can claim permanent alimony to you and maintaince to your child but you can't engage an Advocate from Hyderabad to Bangalore, It is better to engage Bangalore Advocate.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
291 votes

Hi, sure you can send a reply for the same through a lawyer from Hyderabad itself, and you can also claim for maintenance for you and your child, if you have sufficient documents to show that he has income of over 30 lacs and you don't have sufficient income to maintain yourself.. Question of Permanent alimony will arise only if you also agree to end the marital relationship by obtaining divorce.. Feel free to contact me for further assistance..
Thank you

163 votes

You can send the notice either from Bangalore or Hyderabad lawyer. If your husband lives in Bangalore and likely to file a divorce petition, it is better to hire Bangalore lawyer.
Yes, you can claim alimony.

227 votes

If you are in Bengaluru, you can also file a counter case against him for contesting matter at Bengaluru. You can send reply notice from lawyer. Consult and et advise. Reply the notice and file counter case at Bengaluru, you can get maintenance, alimony etc., from Bengaluru only. Consult more.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles