Husband not giving maintenance how to get same for self and child

I am a Christian women. its been 5 years for our marriage. I have 1 n half year child & my husband has not been giving any money for our expenses. I have been working for our daily living. My husband drinks a lot & has no stable work. could you please guide me whether should i go ahead with the marriage or should i go for a divorce. i also don't want to give the custody of my child to him.

Marriage is a cardinal relationship, it cannot be judged in these five lines provided by you here, I would always tell you to ask a question to yourself weather such a step is necessary for you to be taken because it will change atleast three life's... you can always get a divorce if your spouse fullfil's grounds for divorce, there are number of grounds but for such a step in your life to be taken you will need few hours of counseling... which will make your mind confirmed what to do ? Well how to do is easy then what to do... you can always contact me when you are in need of legal assistance...

Hi dear,
If the husband does not taking any responsibility of both of you, what is the use of the marriage and commitments, 5 years is a long period and in these five years he did not give any importance to you and child what is the guarantee in future, my suggestion is, better you go to the lawyer take an advice and file for divorce, atleast after the order of the court he will be liable for giving maintenance to both of you. Atleast you can move ahead in your life.

You can file a case for maintenance under section 125 of criminal procedure code for getting maintenance from your husband for as well as your children court will grant a maintenance for both of your daily needs.