Husband is suffering from AIDS can i take divorce

Divorce if husband is suffering from aids

Answers (3)

89 votes

Hello, I have been through your query and yes you can take divorce from your husband on the special circumstances under divorce Marraige and Hindu laws! You have to file a petition in the court for divorce !

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

76 votes


You can take Divorce..

However, you will need to submit his medical papers and prove in court that he is suffering from AIDS..

You can also claim maintenance and also other expenses from him.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
88 votes

Dear client u can take divorce on this ground. Because aids is not curable disease. So court can grant u divorce. U have to submit medocal proof of his aids in court. For any legal help call me

Adv prasad patil


Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles