Husband is performing adultery how can I get divorce

My husband has an affiar with other women and after one month of marriage i know about affair then our fight start .his demand a working wife ..i tried i worked but his entire family pressurize me mentally Even because of his affair he slapped me in public i avoid to maintain my marriage..his mother mentally disturb me by commenting that my parents not given enough dowry ..all the time i pressurize and being ill me and my parents want seperation and get back the expenditure in our marriage so please tell what can i do ?

Answers (2)

93 votes


You can file a petition for divorce under section 13 of th Hindu Marriage act on the ground of cruelity. That same can be easily contested by you and thereupon you can also ask for alimony equivalent to the expenditure.


Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

184 votes

You can file a complaint with the local police station or in case you are unable to do so, you can file an application under section 156(3) of crpc in the district court giving full details of the grievances that you have with your husband and his family. All the allegations pertaining to domestic violence as well as dowry demand and his extra marital affair have to be mentioned along with any other details that you want to mention.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles