Husband is performing adultery how can I get divorce

My husband has an affiar with other women and after one month of marriage i know about affair then our fight start .his demand a working wife ..i tried i worked but his entire family pressurize me mentally Even because of his affair he slapped me in public i avoid to maintain my marriage..his mother mentally disturb me by commenting that my parents not given enough dowry ..all the time i pressurize and being ill ..now me and my parents want seperation and get back the expenditure in our marriage so please tell what can i do ?

Hello,

You can file a petition for divorce under section 13 of th Hindu Marriage act on the ground of cruelity. That same can be easily contested by you and thereupon you can also ask for alimony equivalent to the expenditure.

Regards

You can file a complaint with the local police station or in case you are unable to do so, you can file an application under section 156(3) of crpc in the district court giving full details of the grievances that you have with your husband and his family. All the allegations pertaining to domestic violence as well as dowry demand and his extra marital affair have to be mentioned along with any other details that you want to mention.