Husband is not giving me maintenance amount what to do

My husband is an ex defence offr and has suddenly stopped coming to the house or eating or living Even if he does come it is on the pretext of changing his clothes or taking a shower.He has blocked the card I used to collect the money and he says he will not give me any money in hand but simply buy whatever is needed for us.Even in such circumstances he says he is broke and does n whatot have money.What are my rights andwhat s hould i do

Answers (2)

176 votes

From your query, I understand that you are not divorced from your husband. In order to obtain maintenance, you can file a case under Section 125 of the Code of Criminal Procedure. I advise you to approach a lawyer and prepare the case for filing.

Please note that my legal advice is not final and without looking at the relevant documents and without obtaining further information from you, I cannot give a complete solution. For further clarifications, please feel free to contact me.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

340 votes

Madam, this is a quite common method to harass the petitioner the maintenance cases.
The husband often refuses to make payment for months together warranting the petitioner to file execution case which you can also file if he defaults to make payment for one month or more.
In the execution case the W/A can be issued by court if the husband continues to default in making the arrears maintenance. Once he makes the payment then the court does not proceed against it.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles