Husband having extra marital affair. Does not give monthly expenditure

My husband has an extra marital affair for past 4 years. I have 2 daughters. I did love marriage. He doesn't give me monthly expenditure many times. He keeps telling me to leave. What are my rights? What can i do? I don't want to divorce him.

Dear Madam,

You can file for a maintenance petition under section 125 crpc for your own maintenance and maintenance of your children.

As per law your Husband is bound to maintain you and your children to they attain majority.

Please feel free to contact for further course of action.

You can claim the maintainance from the husband for self as well as children by instituting a petion under section 125 CRPC and if you want to do any other thing with regard to the matrimonial dispute please have a meeting across the table in order to discuss the other moralities.

Going by the brief facts of your case, you can claim maintenance for yourself and your daughters from your husband which is specifically provided under Section 18 of the Hindu Adoptions and Maintenance Act, 1956, where in you are entitled to maintenance during your life time from your husband. Also, as your husband has asked you to leave your marital home and refused to give you monthly expenditure you have the option of filing a case of domestic violence against your husband under the Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005.
Apart from the above you can also file for restitution of conjugal rights under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage act, 1955, if your husband has abandoned you and has started residing separately.