Husband has run away to Dubai, summons coming as lock door what to do?

I have filed for domestic violence case against husband who lives in Hyderabad from pune but after notice he fled to Dubai without our knowledge and now his summons are being registered as lock on door he's not there and we didn't knew. I have no idea where he is in Dubai its been a year he has not contacted me or my family he just fled can I write to the Indian embassy in Dubai? what should my next step be? religion :- Islam

Answers (2)

127 votes

you get an order from the court for serving the summons online. if the same is disallowed you will have to move an application in the HC for appropriate orders from the HC to get a look out notice issued against your husband.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

302 votes

You can apply to court to re issue summons and allow to serve through mail and WhatsApp. Also mail to Indian embassy about the facts that he had ran away without making any provisions for you. File Criminal Complaint under the provisions of fraud and criminal breach of trust and forward copy of FIR to embassy.

Popular Divorce Lawyers

Advocate Rajesh Rai
Sector-19, Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
20 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Related Articles